Lima Pipe Organ Company was founded in 1930 by Mr.
Ellsworth Beilharz, a former installer for the Page Organ Company of Lima,
Ohio. Early examples of Lima Pipe Organ Company's output consisted of
instruments assembled from components purchased from the defunct Page
Organ Company. Rebuilding of dilapidated tracker instruments with
electro-pneumatic action also kept the company busy.
Mr. Beilharz' son, Earl Beilharz, joined his father
in the business after service in the United States Armed Forces. Under
Earl's direction, the company developed a windchest constructed of
aluminum instead of the usual wood. Many new instruments were built using
this type of windchest.
Earl Beilharz sold the company to longtime employees, and brothers, Tom
and Larry Holycross. Under the direction of the Holycross Brothers, the
company has expanded its service department to include approximately 170
clients in Ohio, Indiana and lower Michigan.